Engineering and architectural inspections have shown that significant renovations are necessary.
Renovations will make it safer, and more durable and appealing, as well as improve its water and energy efficiency.
The Pool was constructed as an outdoor pool in the 1940s. In the 1960s it was partially enclosed and a bathhouse was constructed. In 1973, the pool was fully enclosed and the current bathhouses were attached to the main building.
A Conceptual Design Study and Master Plan have been developed, which include:
- A new main building structure.
- An expanded and deepened pool.
- A new fitness center.
- Updated ADA compliant changing rooms with an added private changing room.
- Return flow gutters for the pool water system.
- A new community multipurpose room for meetings, parties, classes, and other events.
- A new mechanical room with new and refurbished equipment for increased efficiency.
- Improved lobby, office and public areas.
The Directors of the Greater Toledo Pool Recreation District, and the Friends of the Greater Toledo Pool (with the Toledo Community Foundation) have initiated a fundraising campaign for the new pool.
We are seeking support from individuals, foundations, businesses, tribal, and government sources that appreciate the value which the Greater Toledo Pool offers the members of our rural Lincoln County community.